Why It’s Healthy For Women To Gain Some Muscle
Increasing your muscle mass and bone mass has a myriad of health benefits.
1. The more muscle and bone mass you have, the greater the acid buffering power you create. That is, you now have more protein, potassium, magnesium and calcium to buffer the acidity in your body.
2. The greater your muscle mass the greater the longevity potential.
3. Increased muscle prevents diabetes and metabolic syndrome. The more muscle you have, the easier it is to have low body fat.
4. The more muscle you have, the more calories you burn at rest. It is estimated that for every pound of muscle you gain you burn an extra 50 calories a day.
5. The more muscle you have, the more strength you have. For women, strength is empowering.
6. For every kilo of lean tissue gained, there was an equal loss of weight in body fat. In other words, the body composition changed dramatically. For example, a female executive with a 60kg bodyweight with 20% body fat has 12kg of fat. If, in 10 weeks, she gains 4kg of muscle mass and loses 4 kg of fat, her body fat will now be 13% body fat.
7. With these body composition changes, not only will she feel more empowered, her body will look fantastic!