Recipe of the week - The Big Burger
Here is what you will need to make 6 healthy burgers:
Minced meat 500g
Garlic 1 clove
Pineapple 1/2 (fresh, not canned)
coconut oil 1 tbs
Salt and pepper
Favorite meat rub
Optional chili flakes, fresh lemon/lime
How to bring it all together:
- Pre heat BBQ to a medium to high heat and while its heating, chop up onion and garlic.
- Heat a pan to a medium heat and add onion and garlic until onion is lightly browned.
- Once ready, add minced meat, eggs, onions, garlic and salt and pepper or/and meat rub to large mixing bowl and mix together well.
- From here you want to take handfuls of mince meat mixture and make nice, big patties. Add patties to the hot plate of your bbq (not the grill, as it can cause them to crumble when flipping) and cook for 4 minutes per side.
- Next you want to peel off 2 lettuce leafs per meat patty being careful not to tear them.
- Mash up avocado and you can mix in some chili flakes, garlic, salt and pepper and a squeeze of fresh lemon/lime. Then slice up your tomato, pineapple, beetroot, any healthy topping you like.
- Once the patties are ready, grab one lettuce leaf and place a patty in the middle, then spread on avocado and the rest of your toppings. Finish off with your second leaf on top. Cut or bite off the excess lettuce leaving some over hang at one end to help keep it together.
And there you have a healthy burger that’s quick and easy to make, and you can make a few extra for breakfast or lunch the next day.
To Healthy Living