Recipe of the week - Grilled Chicken With Rosemary & Bacon
Makes dinner for two, with leftovers for lunch.
What you will need
- 4 tsp garlic powder
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 4 thick slices bacon
1. 2 handfuls of baby spinach
2. 1 avocado
3. 2 handfuls of cherry tomatoes diced
4. 1 medium sweet potato diced into small cubes
5. 1 medium beetroot diced into small cubes
How to bring it all together:
- Preheat the BBQ on medium-high or medium heat in the oven (180C).
- Season chicken breasts with garlic powder, sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Lay one rosemary sprig on top of each chicken breast and wrap a slice of bacon around to hold the rosemary in place. Secure each piece of bacon with a toothpick or another rosemary sprig.
- On the BBQ cook the breasts for about 8-10 minutes per side or until juices run clear and there is no pink in the middle. If you are roasting the chicken in the oven, place chicken on baking tray at 175C for 40 minutes, or until fully cooked.
- Cut the sweet potato and beetroot into small cubes, peel and finely dice the garlic before tossing both in a bowl along with extra virgin olive oil, paprika, salt and pepper. Spread over a roasting dish. The sweet potato and beetroot will take close to 20 minutes to cook through but make sure you turn it all half way through so add them in for the last 20 minutes if your using the oven.
- In the same bowl mix the rest of the salad together a few minutes before your chicken is done and prepare to serve.