Recipe of the week - Beef Stew with Sweet potato
What you will need:
- 500g of stewing beef
- 4 cup of beef stock
- 2 Tbs of coconut oil
- 1 cup of chopped onion
- 1 cup of chopped celery
- 3 carrots chopped
- 1 large sweet potato cubed
- 1 handful of cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/2 Tsp of thyme finely chopped
- 1/2 Tsp of rosemary finely chopped
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
How to bring it all together:
1) Bring a large saucepan to a medium-high heat. Add the oil and once the pan is hot add the onions, celery, carrots, potatoes. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
2) Then add the beef to the saucepan, followed by the tomatoes, beef stock, rosemary and thyme. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
3) Cover the saucepan and bring it to a simmer, let it cook for about one hour, stirring a few times during this time.
4) Remove the lid and cook uncovered for about 45 minutes. If the mixture is too thick at the end of the cooking process, you can add a little bit of water or stock.
An effortless meal that you can leave cooking while you relax.
To Healthy Living