Recipe of the week - Bacon and eggs with vegetables
The perfect scramble egg breakfast for the weekend when you have a few extra minutes to spare.
What you will need to feed two people:
- 4 rashers of bacon
- 6 eggs
- 1 zucchini
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 handful of cherry tomatoes
- 1 handful of baby spinach
How to bring it all together:
- On the BBQ hot plate or in a pan add 1 Tbs of coconut oil to a medium heated surface
- Crack the eggs into a mixing bowl only using 4 yolks. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cut the rind and fat off of the bacon the cut into small cubes.
- Once cooking surface is hot, cook the bacon until nearly cooked (toss often to brown).
- While the bacon is cooking dice the zucchini and tomatoes and mince the garlic. Then add into the mixing bowl and stir the eggs and vegetables together well.
- Once bacon is nearly cooked add the egg and vegetable mix over the bacon and keep mixing as the eggs cook.
- There you have it, quick and clean bacon and eggs with a difference.
To Healthy Living