Recipe of the Week - Bacon & eggs with sweet potato
A great way to mix up your standard bacon and eggs, this meal makes a delicious breakfast and is just as good at lunch or dinner. Plus, you can always make double and have it the next day for a quick breakfast before work. This meal will keep you full and energised all the way to lunch, saving you from that mid morning crash.
What you will need to feed 2 people:
6 rashes of bacon
1 medium sweet potato
1 1/2 tbs lemon juice
3 tbs dill
2 tbs mayonnaise
1 tbs coconut oil
Extra virgin olive oil
How to bring it all together:
1. Hard boil the eggs by placing the whole eggs into a sauce pan and fill with warm water, heat the water until just before boiling.
2. While the eggs are boiling cut the rind off the bacon and slice into strips, then cut the sweet potato into small cubes of 1 1/2cm and mix with a little extra virgin olive oil.
3. Once the eggs have reached just before boiling, turn the heat off and leave them covered and in the water for 10 minutes. Then rinse in cold water, peel the eggs and dice.
4. Heat sauce pan to medium heat, once heated add bacon and coconut oil and cook for 3 minutes, then add sweet potato and cook till the sweet potato is tender and the bacon is cooked.
5. Mix the lemon juice, dill, mayonnaise together.
6. Then add the eggs, bacon and sweet potato into a large bowl and add as much dressing as needed.
Serve warm or cold.