Mel's Mini Frittatas
- 1 red capsicum, diced
- 1 zucchini, grated
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 handful baby spinach, roughly chopped
- 1 small handful parsley, roughly chopped
- 5 button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 rashes bacon, diced
- 12 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 180OC. Lightly grease a 12 hole muffin tin (or line using patty pans or baking paper).
2. Combine the vegetables and bacon in a bowl. Mix together, then divide into the muffin tin.
3. Whisk the eggs, milk, turmeric, salt and pepper together until combined. Using a ladle, spoon over vegetable mix in the muffin tin.
4. Bake for 15 minutes, or until frittatas are slightly firm and light golden brown.
These frittatas are great for breakfasts or as a small snack. The eggs and bacon provide a good mix of protein and healthy fats. Turmeric contains curcumin, which is believed to be an antioxidant and have anti-inflammatory benefits. You can play around with the ingredients you use – try different veggies, herbs or spices!