Linseed meal pancakes
A great recipe for the whole family on the weekends. Kids wont even know the difference
What you will need
3 egg whites beaten until fluffy
3 tablespoons of linseed/flaxseed meal
1 scoop of protein powder
1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
1 tablespoon of chia seeds.
How to bring it all together
1. Separate egg whites, setting aside egg yolks.
2. Beat egg whites until fluffy
3. Add protein powder, linseed/flaxseed meal, baking powder, chia seeds.
4. Gently combine.
5. Heat pan with coconut oil.
6. Scoop 1/4 of the mixture into pan for one pancake. Scoop another if it will fit in the pan.
7. Cook on one side for 45 seconds or until bubbles start to form on top, then flip and cook for a further 45 seconds. Note: These should not take as long to cook as normal pancakes/pikelets, so keep an eye on them as they will burn easily otherwise.
8. Repeat steps 7-8 for the final batch.
9. Top with anything of your choice eg. avocado, smoked salmon, cucumber and greek yoghurt.
Makes 4 pancakes size of your hand.
Thanks Sarah for the great recipe
To healthy Living