Exercise Tip - The Push-Up
A fundamental exercise that everyone should practice.
Stay away of the machines and get on the floor.
The push up works the chest, shoulder and arm muscles, helping create a strong shoulder girdle while also strengthening and stabilizing you from your head down to your toes.
Acting in the same way as the plank the push up really works the core.
- Start flat on the ground with toes tuck in
- Straight neck, looking at the floor
- Hands just wider then the shoulders
- Hands inline with the chest, not the shoulders
- Tight mid section
- Drive through the hands and squeeze the chest till arms are straight