With the flu season upon us and the nights getting colder we are starting to see a lot of people come down with colds and flus. So I have chosen this week’s recipe to help get you back on top of your game.
- Free-range barbecue chicken
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 2 tsp minced lemongrass
- 2 tsp minced ginger
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 3 sprigs spring onions, sliced
- 4 cups free-range chicken stock
- 150g Chinese broccoli, trimmed and sliced across into 1 inch lots
- ½ head broccoli, trimmed into florets
- 100g baby spinach leaves
- Pink Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Start by taking the skin off the chicken and removing the bones and setting them aside, then shred the meat.
- Heat oil in a large pot and place over a medium heat.
- Once pot has come to heat add in the lemongrass, ginger, garlic and spring onions and cook for 1 minute.
- Next step is to add in the stock and then add the bones and skin off the chicken. Bring to a boil then lower the heat to a simmer and leave to cook for 5 minutes, this will let the bones and skin add in its flavour.
- After 5 minutes remove the skin and bones from the soup and throw away.
- Next add in all the broccolis and let these cook for 2 minutes before adding in the baby spinach, add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the chicken just before serving and enjoy a energising, cold flighting meal.
To Healthy Living