All health begins in the gut - HCL
All health begins in the gut and the food we eat contains the nutrients we need to function properly and get through our day. People can’t understand why they are always tired or aren’t getting significant fat loss results from their hard work in training. The issue is that our poor gut health and low stomach acidity is stopping us from absorbing all the nutrients we need. If we don’t get the nutrients in we are going to feel more tired, more run down and with that comes common colds and rashes from not having a strong enough immune system to fight them off.
The solution is to achieve ideal stomach acid so your stomach and intestines can break down and absorb essential protein and nutrients from the food you eat. Stomach acid is formed in your stomach and is used to break down food. This fluid contains hydrochloric acid (HCL), potassium chloride, and sodium chloride. It’s HCL that people have trouble producing.
Stomach acid is necessary for the following functions:
• Absorption of essential nutrients calcium, vitamins B9 and 12, magnesium, zinc, iron, vitamin C, and beta carotene
• Absorption of the antioxidant vitamins A and E which help lower inflammation
• Breakdown of protein used to repair tissues and muscles
• Activation of enzymes, hormones, and neurotransmitters
• Kills bacterial pathogens that cause infections, putting you at risk of disease and stomach cancer
Low stomach acid leads to poor digestion and it is often misdiagnosed as having too much stomach acid. This is because when the stomach does not empty correctly, partly digested foods that have started to rot in the stomach will back up into the esophagus, creating the uncomfortable feeling that is known as acid reflux.
Low HCL levels can show up with these symptoms:
2) Indigestion and constipation
3) Skin conditions such as acne
4) Vertical ridging on the nails
5) Leg and foot cramps
6) Chronic injuries
7) Food allergies and asthma
9) Poor brain function and the onset of dementia
10) Low bone mineral density and osteoporosis
If you or your clients suffer from any of these symptoms, I highly recommend you doing a simple stomach acid test. You can’t fix nutrient deficiencies no matter how carefully you plan your diet unless you have a healthy gut and good levels of HCL.
To Healthy Living