Recipe of the week - Sweet baked potato
What you will need to feed 2 people:
- 2 medium sweet potatoes or garnet yams
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup finely chopped bacon or ham
- ¼ cup finely chopped baby spinach or kale
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onion (or slightly less of chives)
- Salt and pepper
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Dijon mustard or honey mustard
How to bring it all together:
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Clean the sweet potatoes and pour a little extra virgin olive oil into your hands and rub over the skin of the potatoes, creating a light coat.
- Place the sweet potatoes in the oven and cook for close to an hour or until soft to touch. Once cooked, set aside to cool.
- Change the oven temperature to 180°C.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk the eggs and the salt and pepper and the mustard in together. Then mix in the bacon, ham and spinach or kale.
- Laying the sweet potato down, cut the side off (see photo) and scoop out the insides to fit in the filling.
- Set aside the potato for another meal, great for post workout. Make sure you leave enough so the potato can still hold it’s shape.
- Add your mix into the sweet potato so it is nearly at the top. Place the potatoes back into the oven.
- If the oven and potatoes are still hot cook for 15 minutes. If the potatoes have cooled, cook for 20 minutes.
To Healthy Living