Recipe of the week - Paleo Frittata
A quick, easy and health breakfast that you can make to have for a few mornings.
Packed full of protein and good quality fats to keep you full and energised through your busy morning.
Frittata can also be cooked in large baking tray or large baking dish. Frittata are thicker than omelets, raid your frigde and add in as many vegetables as you like
- 2 tablespoons coco nut oil
- 8 medium eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 2 cups baby spinach sliced
- 1 red onion chopped
- 1 sliced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms with stems
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- Sea salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- In separate bowl whisk eggs, coco nut milk and seasoning. Mix well and set aside.
- Line medium skillet with coconut oil bring to medium heat
- Add, spinach, red onion, mushrooms and red pepper
- Cook for 3-4 minutes until vegetables tender.
- Add in eggs and mixture of vegetables in skillet. Lower heat to low
- Cook approximately 10 minutes
- Finished frittata cut into wedges and top with parsley and garlic. Store left overs in the fridge for breakfast another day.
Easy breakfast that you can keep in the fridge and have on busy a morning, great for kids before school.