Recipe of the week — Mediterranean Chicken Grilled
This simple to prepare marinade will keep the chicken moist and delicious. Be sure not to overcook and you’ll be shocked at how delicious this simple meal can be.
What you will need to feed two people
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 15-20 kalamata olives, pitted and halved (or favorite olives)
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes
- 3 Tbs capers, rinsed
- 2 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 handfuls of baby spinach
- 1/2 avocado chopped
- 1/4 red, green and yellow capsicum chopped
- 1 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
Mix all ingredients together in a bowl just before the chicken is done.
How to bring it all together
- Pre-heat oven to 250 degrees.
- Toss tomatoes, olives, capers and 2 tsp olive oil in a bowl.
- Season chicken breasts on both sides with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Heat a large oven-proof skillet over high heat. Once hot, add 2 tsp olive oil and sear chicken on both sides.
- Turn heat to medium-high and add remaining oil (should be hot but not smoking) and continue to cook until deep golden brown (about 4 minutes).
- Flip chicken and then add your tomato mixture to the skillet.
- Transfer skillet to oven and roast chicken until cooked through and tomatoes have softened, about 15-18 minutes.
- Ready to serve with the tomato mixture spread over the chicken and extra salad.