Tips for health, strength, weight-loss, and nutrition
Recipe of the Week - Marinated lamb skewers
This recipe will make around 12 skewers, and is an easy and delicious way to feed guests while you’re entertaining this summer!
What you will need:
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil and 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 tsp salt / fresh ground pepper
- 1.5lb lamb, cut into chunks for skewering
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 1 8oz package baby button mushrooms, peeled and stems removed (cut some of the bigger mushrooms in half to try to keep them all around the same size)
- 1 red capsicum, seeded and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 green capsicum, seeded and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes
How to bring it all together:
- Marinate your meat a few hours in advance (or leave it marinating in the fridge overnight). In a small bowl, mix together all herbs, olive oil and lemon juice. Put the marinade and lamb chunks together into a large bowl and massage the marinade into the meat. Cover the bowl with glad wrap and place in the fridge.
- If you are using bamboo skewers, soak them in water for at least 30min to prevent scorching on the bbq.
- Begin threading your skewers, alternating meat and different veggies. Try to keep your veggies about the same size as each other (you may have to split up some of the onion wedges if they are too thick). Brush the skewers with the remaining marinade making sure to coat the veggies well.
- Grill a few minutes each side on medium heat until the tomatoes are blistered and lamb is cooked through to your preference.
Tips for variations:
- Leave the meat off and use the marinade to grill some veggie skewers as just a side dish. Add some other vegetables like zucchini and eggplant.
- If you don’t like lamb, you can substitute with another meat, or remove the meat altogether and just make grilled vegetable skewers.
No comments posted so far.