Recipe of the week — Lunch wraps
This recipe is as easy to make as a sandwich, but this one is actually good for you. This is perfect for work lunches or a packed lunch for a long trip. Cut out the bread and replace it with either cabbage or lettuce leaves.
What you will need to make 2 wraps:
- 4 cabbage or lettuce leaves (depending on how much filling you have)
- 150 grams meat (chicken, tuna, salmon, beef or minced meat)
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 red capsicum
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 carrot
(extra: add paprika and garlic to the avocado for taste)
How to bring it all together:
1) Start with chopping the meat, tomatoes and capsicum into manageable pieces, grate the carrot and mash the avocado into a paste.
2) With your cabbage or lettuce leaves laid flat, spread the avocado over the whole leaf leaving a section free at the bottom and side that will be wrapped over itself.
3) Then add the shredded carrot, chopped capsicum, tomato and finally the meat to the middle and all the way to the top of the leaves.
4) Once all your toppings are on, fold the bottom of the lettuce/cabbage leaf up and then take both sides of the leaves and pull the side covered in avocado over the topping tightly and then wrap the other avocado free-side over the top (similar to folding a burrito).
There you have yourself a healthy wrap!