Recipe of the week - Chicken stuffed with spinach & bacon
What you will need to feed 2 people:
2 Chicken breasts
2 rashers of bacon
2 handfuls of spinach
1 garlic clove
Salt & pepper
How to bring it all together:
- Pre heat your oven to 150 degrees as well as heating a non-stick pan on a medium heat.
- Dice the bacon and then pan fry it for a few minutes until nearly browned. Set aside the bacon on a paper towel, pour out the fat and add the garlic, the diced mushrooms and some salt & pepper, and cook until mushrooms are lightly browned, then add the spinach. Cover and let the steam wilt the spinach.
- Remove from heat and place into a mixing bowl with the bacon and stir.
- Slice the chicken through the middle like you would for a hotdog, creating a pocket, leaving one side still joined.
- Add your spinach, bacon and mushroom mix into the chicken pocket and place the chicken breast in the oven for 20 minutes or until there is no pink bits. Time might be longer for thicker breasts.
- Serve with a nice salad.
To Healthy Living