Recipe of the week - Chicken Fajitas
What you will need to serve 4 people:
• 150-200g chicken breast per person or meat of your choice
• 1 medium jicama peeled and sliced into strips
• 2-3 ripe mango peeled and sliced into chunks
• 2-3 ripe avocado sliced into quarters
• 1 red and yellow capsicum sliced into strips
• 1 large sweet onion sliced into chunks
• 2 heads of lettuce
• Cumin, chilli powder, freshly ground black pepper
• 1 bunch fresh cilantro chopped
• Extra virgin coconut oil
How to bring it all together:
Cut the chicken into strips. Heat 1-2 tbsp of extra virgin coconut oil in a pan at a medium to high heat. Add the chicken and the cumin, chilli powder, freshly ground black pepper into a mixing bowl and mix the spices though the chicken. Once the pan is hot at the chicken and spices and cook chicken till it’s light;y browned, until the insides are no longer pink. Transfer to serving dish.
In the same hot pan (with leftover cooking oil and spices), fry the capsicum and onions. Use a spatula to scrape blackened spices off the bottom of the pan, stir them right in with the veggies. When capsicum and onion mixture is cooked to desired tenderness (3-5 minutes), remove from pan and transfer to serving dish.
Fill the bottom of your plate with 2 large leafs of lettuce. Pile chicken, peppers and onion on top, surround with jicama, avocado and mango, top with freshly chopped cilantro. Wrap and you are ready to eat.
Quick, easy, fun and healthy
To healthy living