Recipe of the week - Chicken cashew salad with avocado and orange
The perfect salad after a hot summers day.
What you will need to feed 2 people:
2 large chicken breasts (1 per person)
1 navel orange
1/2 cup of raw cashews
3 handfuls of baby spinach
extra virgin olive oil
salt and pepper
How to bring it all together:
- Heat up the BBQ or gill to a medium heat and cook the chicken for 10 minutes each side or until cooked through. You can cut it into slices to cook it quicker.
- While the chicken is cooking, cut the orange into thin wedges and peel of the rind. Do this over a bowl to catch all the juice for the dressing.
- Add the baby spinach, chopped up avocado, orange wedges and cashews in a separate bowl and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and left over orange juice.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and mix well, then serve to your plate.
- Once the chicken is cooked you are all done. Time to enjoy this sweet and refreshing salad.
To Healthy Living