Product of the week - PHOSPHATIDYLSERINE
Phosphatidylserine often gets promoted as a muscle-building supplement. After exercising heavily for a long period of time, the levels of cortisol in your body elevate, and in turn, invoke cortisol’s effect that breaks down the tissues of your muscles. Suppressing cortisol release reduces the effect of muscle deterioration, and can be done using phosphatidylserine supplements. The benefits of these supplements are believed to reduce the levels of cortisol within your body after a workout and prevent the reduction of muscle tissue. It is also known to reduce the chance of significant muscle soreness.
Key benefits are:
- Reduction of the stress hormone cortisol.
- Helps to improve recovery times as well as prevent muscle soreness in athletes.
- Has been shown to improve learning and memory function in patients with age-associated memory impairment.
- If taken for over two months, helps to improve the symptoms of Alzheimer’s disease.
- Studies also show that it improves the symptoms of depression.
- Studies have should it can help with insomnia