Paleo Zucchini Bread
Thanks Sarah for sending in this recipe, a healthy alternative to wonder white!
What you will need:
- 1 ¼ cup of blanched almond flower or you can use almond meal with a tablespoon of water
- ¼ teaspoon Himalayan salt
- ½ teaspoon backing soda
- 3 eggs separated
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil (extra virgin cold pressed)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 1 large zucchini grated
How to bring it all together:
- Pre heat oven to 180 degrees
- In a large bowl combine your almond flour, egg yolks, salt and baking soda
- In a separate bow lightly beat the egg whites until fluffy
- Add in the coconut oil and zucchini into your almond flower mixture. If using almond meal stir until the mixture is a smooth consistency.
- Greased a 6.5 x 4 inch loaf pan and add mixture, you can also dust the pan with almond flour instead of using grease
- Place in oven for 35-40 minutes
- Remove and let cool for 2 hours
- Serve and enjoy!
The original recipe does not separate the eggs and uses a food processor. However, if you don't have a food processor I suggest whipping the egg whites separately to help with the texture of the batter.
Makes 1 small loaf
To Healthy Living