No Bread Burger
Since we are all following a paleo diet, there is no bread in the house. Instead, we are going to use baked sweet potato as our burger bun.
Here is what you will need to make 2 burgers:
Minced meat 500g
Sweet potato (biggest you can find)
Garlic 1 clove
Coconut oil 1 tbs
Salt and pepper
Favorite meat rub
Optional chili flakes, fresh lemon/lime
How to bring it all together:
- Bring a pot to boil and cut your sweet potato into slices 2cm thick (the ends are the best as the bun). Add sweet potato to pot.
- Pre heat the BBQ or a large pan to a medium to high heat and while it is heating, chop up onion and garlic.
- Heat a smaller pan to a medium heat and add coconut oil, onion and garlic and cook until the onion is lightly browned.
- Once the sweet potato is softened, wrap it in foil and place on the BBQ or large pan.
- Next you add the minced meat, eggs, onions, garlic and salt and pepper or/and meat rub to large mixing bowl and mix together well.
- From here you want to take handfuls of mince meat mixture and make nice, big patties. Add patties to the hot plate of your large pan or BBQ (not the grill, as it can cause them to crumble when flipping) and cook for 4-5 minutes per side.
- Mash up avocado and you can mix in some chili flakes, garlic, salt and pepper and a squeeze of fresh lemon/lime for taste.
- Slice up your mushrooms and cucumber, along with any other healthy topping you like.
- When you flip the patties take the sweet potato off heat, unwrap and set aside to cool.
- Then add the mushrooms to the hot plate or pan and cook until browned.
- Once all is cooked and the sweet potato has cooled a little you can now build your burger. Sweet potato base, cucumber, mince patty, mushrooms, avocado and sweet potato top.
And there you have a burger that still looks like a usual burger, but tastes even better!
To Healthy Living