Healthy Satay Chicken
What you will need: to feed 3 people
- 2-3 Chicken breasts, sliced
- 1 small head of broccoli, cut into small florets
- 1 small head of cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1 large carrot, sliced
- 1 teaspoon crushed chilli (or chilli flakes)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons crushed garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ Spanish onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Juice of half a fresh lime
- 3 tablespoons natural peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons shredded coconut
- 1-2 cups water
How to bring it all together:
1) Heat a fry pan to low-medium heat, adding the coconut oil, coriander, cumin, garlic and onion and fry for 30 seconds. Add the peanut butter, chilli, lime juice, coconut and stir. Gradually add the water, until you get the sauce to a consistency that you like.
2)Simmer for a few minutes and then turn the heat off and set it aside.
3)In another heated pan, place a little coconut oil and a little garlic. Add the chicken and stir fry until golden. Add the vegetables and fry for a few minutes before pouring in the sauce and heating through for about 1-2 minutes.
Alternatively, you could make the sauce and keep it for some grilled chicken kebabs, served with a green salad for an equally delicious and healthy summer food idea.
To Healthy Living