The Flu Fighter - Raw Garlic
Feeling sick and congested?
Having trouble getting over a winters cold?
This little gem will do the trick!
Raw garlic is a broad spectrum anti-biotic. High anti-fungal, anti-bacterial, anti-parasitical and high in antioxidants.
Garlic (Allium sativum L.) is part of the lily family and it's medicinal use dates back to 4000 BCE. Hippocrates, the founder of western medicine even as late as WW II, garlic was used as an effective replacement for antibiotics.
Garlic is high in sulfur and the stronger the taste of the garlic, the higher the sulfur content and the better it is for you.
And the major health benefits of garlic are:
1. Soothes coughs and colds - this is due to garlic's anti-biotic properties
2. Increases blood circulation and thins the blood - lower blood pressure, reduce the likelihood of blood clots and lower the risk of heart attack and stroke
3. Suppresses the growth of tumors
4. Decreases levels of LDL or "bad cholesterol"
5. Stimulates the immune system by increasing blood cell count
6. Supports recovery from cancer
7. Kills some intestinal parasites - this may be related to its potency as a cancer treatment, as some naturopaths consider intestinal parasites to be directly linked to cancer
8. Kills fungi such as athletes foot and warts
These health benefits only apply to raw garlic. The active compounds in garlic are destroyed by cooking.
How To Use Raw Garlic
Eating 1 to 2 cloves or crushed raw garlic every other day. sprinkle it over your salad, great in soups and guacamole.