Chicken, Sweet Potato & Leek Soup
Another perfect winter soup.
What you will need:
1 chicken breast per person
3 leeks, chopped (white part only)
1 medium sized onion, chopped
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
3-4 garlic cloves, diced
1/2 tsp cumin
2 sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
4 cups vegetable broth
1 can coconut milk
salt and pepper to taste
How to bring it all together:
1) Chop chicken into small pieces and bring a pan to a medium heat. Cook chicken until lightly browned.
2) In a separate pot sautee the onions and leeks with extra virgin olive oil for about 10 minutes.
3) Add in the garlic and cumin and sautee for another minute.
4) Add sweet potatoes, and vegetable broth and bring to a boil.
5) When the sweet potatoes have become soft pour the pot into a food processor, add coconut milk and process until smooth.
6) Add all ingredients into a large pot on a medium heat for 3 minutes then serve.
To Healthy Living