Bacon and egg muffins
What you will need
- 6 rashers of free range bacon
- Coconut oil or organic unsalted butter
- 6 eggs
- 1-2 medium tomato cut into 2cm slices
- 1/3 cup onions, chopped
- 6 white button mushrooms, chopped
- Black pepper
How to bring it all together
1) Preheat oven to 180 degrees and bring a pan to a medium heat.
2) Oil the pan with either coconut oil or organic unsalted butter and cook bacon in the pan until it begins to shrivel (about 3 minutes), then set aside.
3) Add chopped onions and mushrooms to hot pan medium heat until softened.
4) Oil 6 cups in a muffin tin with coconut oil or organic unsalted butter.
5) Place a rasher of bacon around the inside of each muffin cup, then place 2 slices of tomato in the bottom.
6) Crack an egg into each muffin cup not letting the yoke split and top with black pepper.
7) Add sautéed mushrooms and onions on top of the egg.
8) Fill any space in the muffin tins with water to prevent them from burning.
9) Bake in the oven for 20 minutes and then serve to plate.
The way a bacon and egg muffin should be, enjoy.
To Healthy Living